Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Shopping for Space Camp

What do you need for space camp? We spent almost a whole day shopping together. It was quite the trip and here is some of what we ended up with:

1. Some new kicks. Namely some Asics from our local sporting goods shop:

Both on clearance might I add! Great deals for running around Alabama. 

2. Some shorts. We were finding lots of dresses, but that would not work for camp. We needed shorts. Target had some cute shorts for great prices. 
 

3. Awesome science themed comfy shirts. These items were hard to find. We seached high and low at the mall, retail stores, and an outdoor shopping center! Tackett did find her NASA shirt from Target. A must have for all astronauts in training.
We had to shop from the comfort of our home on the internet to find what we were really looking for. I found some shirts on one of Tackett's favorite websites she has shared with me woot.com:
Love the pun on this one!

I know this isn't really spacey... but mp rocks!

Always wanted a planet shirt to wear.

We also wanted a shirt that we could personalize. Tackett found this AWESOME shirt at 6dollarshirts.com:
You will have to wait to find out what we do with these shirts... :)

4. A modest one piece swimsuit. I had one of these, but Tackett found hers at the clearance section at Target. $10! She sure can find the bargains!!!

5. Some cool shades. Tackett had some from Space Camp that she had received as a gift. 
And I couldn't resist the aviators:


Things that were almost bought... but didn't make the cut:
I know. It is shame to pass this up.
We thought it would be too hot for pants. :)
These are shorts with underwear built in???
What were we thinking leaving this in the store?
If this would have fit right... it would have been purchased!
This Chewy backpack. Yes we were looking for gear in the bookstore at the mall. We were informed that they have literary apparel and superhero apparel, but no space themed apparel. :(


I think that is pretty much it. I am sure we will think of some more goodies to bring along for our trip, but we are off to a good start. Whenever I go anywhere, I feel like I am leaving something out!

T-minus 16 days and counting!

1 comment:

  1. Do not forget FIREFLY gear! Jayne Cobb hats seem fitting.

    ReplyDelete